Austin College seeks to keep quality education affordable for qualified students. Our annual costs are offset by a financial assistance program that includes grants, scholarships, loans, and work-study.
The 2016-2017 costs of attending Austin College as a new student are:
Tuition & fees – $37,340.00
Room & board – $12,082.00
Interested in a more detailed list of charges? View the Business Office page of Student Charges.
- Official Payments is an outside company that enables payment of the remaining balance after aid for the semester. The amount of the application fee will depend on the number of installments per semester: $25.00 application fee for 1 – 4 installments. Details are available from the Business Office at 903.813.2448.
- Texas Tomorrow Fund/Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan. If you have a contract with the Texas Tomorrow Fund/Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan please send the Business Office your account information. The payment rates for the 2016-2017 Academic Year are not available at this time. The rates are usually announced in August of each year. The semester rates for the 2015-2016 Academic Year were as follows:
- Private College Plan $12,483.84
- Senior or 4 year College Plan $4,693.76
- Junior or 2 year College Plan $1,503.52
- Private College 529 Plan allows you to prepay tuition today that your child can later use at any member college. It provides a guarantee against tuition inflation, and the flexibility to choose from some of the nations’ top colleges. The 529 Plan has no start-up fees, no maintenance fees, and no annual fees — and is free from federal taxes.
(Individuals will not need to pay federal taxes when making a qualified withdrawal. However, the law allowing for federal income tax-free qualified withdrawals is set to expire on December 31, 2010. Congress may or may not extend this law beyond this date.)
Launched in September 2003 with Austin College as an original member institution, BusinessWeek Magazine recognized the 529 Plan as one of the “Best Products of 2003.”
- A non-need-based “family contribution” loan, such as the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan, the Federal Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS), the College Access Loan (CAL), Premier Signature Loan or some combination of these can be used to meet a student’s balance owed. Your total eligibility for these loans should be indicated on your Award Letter. All of these loans have low interest rates and may have insurance and origination fees. Since repayment may extend for up to ten years making payments quite manageable, these non-need-based loans should enable you and your family to meet the costs involved in a manner that will not be overly burdensome. When you accept one of these awards on your Award Letter, you will be sent notification at a later date about the process for obtaining the funds. For more information, contact the Office of Financial Aid.
Note: Please consider books, supplies, personal expenses, and transportation costs as you make your plans. Although not billed directly by the College, these expenses will occur.
If you have questions regarding your payment method, please contact the Austin College Business Office.
Austin College Business Office
Contact: Lisa Bardach