The Austin College 'Roo football program is back in action—and many good tailgating moments are ahead in the Larry Kramer Outback, at the south end of the field. Bring your grills, tents, and drinks, and show your Kangaroo spirit! View the 2017 Football schedule.
At Homecoming 2014, we announced the naming of the area in memory of legendary coach Larry Kramer, head football coach at Austin College from 1973 to 1982 and who guided the 'Roos to the 1981 NAIA National Championship.
Gifts from alumni and friends have enabled us to add trees and create a walkway in the Kramer Outback. Plans are in place for more improvements to make the tailgating area an even better place to gather with friends and classmates to cheer on the 'Roos.
We need your support to continue the progress and ask you to please consider a gift or pledge in support of the Larry Kramer Outback.
To help cheer on the ’Roos, Austin College has an official tailgating area south of the football field.
Austin College has instituted safety policies for The Outback tailgating area, and two police officers will remain on site.
- Bring your own food and beverages.
- No mass quantities of beer or wine allowed (kegs, beer balls, etc.).
- Per state law, no underage (21) consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- The Outback is reserved for alumni, parents, friends, and guests.
- No pets are allowed in The Outback at any time.
- Tents, grills, and tailgating materials are allowed within the fences of the Larry Kramer Outback at the south end of the stadium.
- The Outback tailgate area is open 2 hours prior to kickoff and 30 minutes after the conclusion of the game.
- The access gate for loading/unloading will close 30 minutes prior to kickoff.
- Austin College reserves the right to deny access and/or remove participants at any time.