The Austin College 'Roo football program is back in action—and many good tailgating moments are ahead in the Larry Kramer Outback, at the south end of the field. Bring your grills, tents, and drinks, and show your Kangaroo spirit! View the 2017 Football schedule.
At Homecoming 2014, we announced the naming of the area in memory of legendary coach Larry Kramer, head football coach at Austin College from 1973 to 1982 and who guided the 'Roos to the 1981 NAIA National Championship.
Gifts from alumni and friends have enabled us to add trees and create a walkway in the Kramer Outback. Plans are in place for more improvements to make the tailgating area an even better place to gather with friends and classmates to cheer on the 'Roos.
We need your support to continue the progress and ask you to please consider a gift or pledge in support of the Larry Kramer Outback.
To help cheer on the ’Roos, Austin College has an official tailgating area south of the football field.
Austin College has instituted safety policies for The Outback tailgating area, and two police officers will remain on site. (PDF version of Outback Policies)
- Tailgating is permitted inside the boundaries of the LKO, adjacent to the Apple Stadium. There will not be any tailgating activity in the ancillary parking areas adjacent to and surrounding the stadium.
- Tailgating activity in the LKO is reserved for faculty, staff, alumni, parents, friends, and guests. It is not intended to be a primary location for undergraduate students and/or their organizations during tailgating.
- Per state law, no underage (21) consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- The Outback is reserved for alumni, parents, friends, and guests.
- No mass quantities of beer or wine allowed (kegs, beer balls, etc.).
- Tents, grills, and tailgating material limited in scope and size are allowed within the boundaries of the LKO, adjacent to the south end of the stadium only. Large trailer mounted grills, smokers, and/or open source fryers are not allowed. Hot coals or other related materials are to be disposed of in the firebox of the smoker provided by the College.
- No pets are allowed in The Outback at any time.
- Children under the age of 12 are the responsibility of their parent or guardian and should be supervised at all times.
- Tents, grills, and tailgating materials are allowed within the fences of the Larry Kramer Outback at the south end of the stadium.
- The LKO shall be open 2 hours prior to the start of an athletic contest (kickoff) and will close no more than 60 minutes after the conclusion of the contest. The access gate for loading and unloading shall close 30 minutes prior to the start of a contest.
- Participation in the LKO tailgate is a privilege, not a right. Therefore, the College reserves the right to deny access to any participant and/or to remove equipment that is deemed to be non-compliant and/or inappropriate.