Suspension is Austin College’s literary magazine. Every year, the editorial board publishes an edition of creative work (poetry, prose, and visual art) by students at the college. Through art and literature, individuals find a space to express themselves and tell stories about the world around them. Suspension Literary Magazine encourages such discovery by providing a platform for writers, poets, and artists at Austin College.
From photography to blackout poems, a variety of artistic and literary forms are accepted year-round. Every year, submissions accepted in the spring are published in the latest edition as the new school year starts in late August. Suspension is available as both a printed book and in digital copy.
Basic Submission Guidelines
- Students must list the name they want to be published under in their submission email.
- Any file attached to a submission email must be the correct name of the piece. If a piece is untitled, then the file must be saved as “Untitled”.
- Submissions must be within the page limit of 17 pages.
- Submissions must be original work. In the case of found poetry or work of similar style, quotes must be given credit somewhere within the document itself (e.g. a footnote at the end).
- Students may submit an unlimited number of submissions, and written work can be in any language.
- Our deadline is April 1, and any work submitted after that date will be considered for the following year’s edition.
To submit creative work, join the board, and for any questions you may have, contact us at email@example.com.