Students who previously matriculated and attended classes at Austin College and have since withdrawn from the College must apply for readmission.
Students should contact the Registrar’s Office to begin the process.
- Former students will need to complete the Application for Readmission to Austin College and return it to the Registrar’s Office.
- To ensure appropriate time for the readmission process, former students should plan to submit the Application for Readmission at least 30 days prior to the start of classes for the term of entry. International students should submit the readmission application at least 60 days prior to the start of the semester. See Academic Calendar for class start dates.
- If coursework has been taken at another institution while not attending Austin College, official transcripts will be required for review of the readmission application. Send or deliver them to the Registrar’s Office.
- If a student left the institution as a result of a medical issue, a letter from a licensed healthcare profession may be required prior to readmission review. Such letters should be delivered to the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs.
JanTerm 2021 Readmission Application Deadline: December 4, 2020
Spring 2021 Readmission Application Deadline: January 1, 2021
Summer 2021 Readmission Application Deadline: May 7, 2021
Fall 2021 Readmission Application Deadline: July 23, 2021
Applications for Readmission will not be considered for the following term after these dates given all readmission applications require committee review.
- Former students who have taken any courses at another institution since leaving Austin College must have official transcripts sent to the Registrar’s Office.
Austin College Registrar’s Office
900 North Grand Ave, Suite 6R
Sherman, TX 75090
- Readmission applicants who have any holds on their student record must rectify the business related to those holds before they will be allowed to return to the College.
- The Academic Standing Committee (and others in consultation) will review readmission applications and make a decision based on the student’s academic performance, potential, conduct at Austin College, and any other information that informs the readmission decision.
- Once the Academic Standing Committee has decided to permit future enrollment at Austin College, the Registrar’s Office will activate the student record allowing for campus business to begin. At that time, transfer coursework will be added to the Austin College transcript.
- The student will then be advised on the following department interactions:
- Business Services – a deposit of $250 must be paid to hold a seat for the next term
- Office of Financial Aid – options for reinstatement of financial aid
- Health Services – proof of insurance must be provided or insurance purchased through AHP offered by the College, and vaccinations may be required in accordance with State Law
- Information Technology – reinstate the email address and student account
- Residence Life – options and housing requirements that may apply as well as meal plan selection
- Faculty Mentor Assignment – discuss enrollment for the first term
- Mailing and Printing – a new mailbox and combination will be assigned