Leadership is the art of communication and the influence you are capable of spreading. The Posey Leadership Institute focuses on developing the next generation of leaders in their respective areas of study by providing countless opportunities to learn and do leadership in the classroom and beyond.
Video Above: The Posey Leadership Institute is offering a minor through Austin College to help inspire and train future leaders.
In this video, Dr. Tedd Mitchell and Dr. Sheila Pineres explain the benefits and requirements of the Posey Leadership minor.
Video at Right: Posey Leadership Guest Speaker, Reginald Hatter discusses his outreach for underprivileged students through Workshop Houston, a free after-school program designed to deliver creative, technical, and educational programs for youth in the Third Ward-area and beyond.
- CityLab in January Term
- Suits Out: Students serve as panelists on the Greater Dallas Business Ethics Award committee to honor Dallas-based companies’ commitment to ethical business practices.
- Ready or Not: Graduating seniors create their own unique senior projects and see it from start to finish.
- Leadership Studies Minor Checklist
- See the Leadership Studies Courses
- See the Austin College Bulletin
- Sally Posey Leadership Fellows Application
- $3000 per year
- Madilyn McVay ’18 – Spanish Immersion in Costa Rica
- Ganesh Maniam ’17 – Going Green in Europe
- Karisma Sheth ’17 – Mental Health: East vs. West
Posey Leadership Institute Faculty
Dr. Martinella Dryburgh, Assistant Professor of Leadership; Director of the Posey Leadership Institute
Fun Fact: In 2001, I won a car in the Dallas Opera car raffle. I paid $100 for one ticket and won a Mercedes CLK 320 sedan.
Faculty Advisory Committee
Hank Gorman, Psychology
James Hebda, Biochemistry
Jennifer Johnson-Cooper, Chinese
John Williams, Chaplain
Michael Deen, Student Life Office
After Austin College
I graduated from Austin College in 2017 with a BA in Business Administration and a double minor in Leadership Studies & Healthcare Studies. Through the Austin College Gateways Program, I am now a dual-degree candidate at Texas Tech University, simultaneously working on earning my MD from TTUHSC School of Medicine and my MBA from TTU Rawls College of Business.… [Read More]
Financial Analyst at Goldman Sachs
Associate Attorney at The LeCrone Law Firm, PC I am currently an Associate Attorney at The LeCrone Law Firm in Sherman, Texas. I primarily practice in civil litigation. I received my BA from AC with a major in Political Science and a minor in Psychology. I also did the coursework for the equivalent of a minor in Leadership… [Read More]
Digital Communications Coordinator at Austin College