These materials serve to help International students navigate processes related to their documentation and status while in the United States completing their post-secondary education. These documents do not replace the value in speaking with Austin College Staff and Faculty, so please feel free to reach out and talk with us about the processes.
International students seeking their initial I-20 documentation as an applicant to Austin College will need to work with the Office of Admission.
All other I-20 requests and changes will be conducted in the Registrar’s Office.
Requests for letters to support obtaining a Social Security Number, U.S. Driver’s License, Enrollment Verification, or visa support for family should be requested via email no later than 5 business days in advance of need.
A DSO or PDSO should sign the I-20 for students planning to travel outside of the United States. Leave the paper copy of the I-20 at the Registrar’s Office no later than 5 business days in advance of departure to obtain the signature.
International Student Check-In
International Students should complete this form during the first week of each Fall and Spring semesters enrolled and return to the Registrar’s Office.
Maintaining F-1 Student Status
Informational guide that explains the information that you must share with the DSO in the Registrar’s Office to avoid violating the terms of your student visa. Students are responsible for the maintenance of their visa status and supplying the Registrar’s Office with the information needed for reporting.
Working on Campus
Social Security Number (SSN)
- How Do I Apply for a Social Security Card?
- Application Process for Social Security Card for F-1 Students : On-Campus Employment
Travel Outside of the U.S.
Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
Occupational Practical Training (OPT)
Read this guide before working with the Registrar’s Office to file an OPT application.
- OPT Reporting Obligations
- OPT Reporting Form – Submit to the Austin College Registrar’s Office within 10 days of a change.
Texas Driver’s License
- How to apply for a Texas Drivers License
- If you are a current student on campus, the PDSO will provide you with a letter to certify your residence on campus. Please request the letter 5-7 business days prior to needing the letter.
- If you are a student on OPT, you will need to provide your own documentation to certify your residence with documents recommended by the DMV.
This form should be reviewed with your faculty mentor and submitted to the Registrar’s Office with proof of enrollment at another institution of higher education.
Read this guide before working with the Registrar’s Office to file a reinstatement application.
- Reinstatement Request Form – Submit to the Registrar’s Office
- Certification of Finances Form – Submit to the Registrar’s Office with Reinstatement Request Form
- Assembly Instructions for Reinstatement Application